I started making this Boudoir set back in August 2009, when I found the material on Ebay. As it was coming to the end of the summer and I didn't have all the trimmings I wanted, I made up the wrap over but left the trimmings until last week, when I decided to use up the pretty pink lace I bought in Oslo last May, and found some more pink trimmings to finish everything off.
It's just a simple wrap over top, which ties very high above the bust, enhancing your womanly curves - even if you're not big up top! ;-) The pale pink broderie anglais material was a marvelous find on Ebay and I knew once I saw it, that it would make the prettiest boudoir wrap I owned! Well that was until I decided to re-design the sleeves and made a mess of them, so I had to start them again! As I say, the pretty crochet cotton lace came from Oslo and it's finished off with my label and pretty matching pink bows.
So, I thought to myself, with just a scrap of material left "No shorts for me then!"........
A-ha (groan!) not so! You know me, I was pondering over the 'scraps' last week, when I thought to myself "How can I get a pair of shorts out of this material?" and I was scratching my head, as I only had enough for the back of the shorts, but not the front. Then I remembered the two sleeves that went wrong, but as I'd kept them (as I never throw anything away which I feel can be used elsewhere - you know me by now! LOL) I unpicked the stitching and with the clever use of a pretty embroidered braid, re-worked out the front of the shorts, which are basically patched together and voila, a pair of shorts were on their way!
As you can see, the broderie anglais trimming was perfect for the material! I also used it on the leg edges as well as the waistline, so that when they were elasticated, it made them look so sweet!
And finished off with the usual labels and bows!
Gosh, four postings in one day! Time for lunch methinks..........