Friday 27 May 2011

Early Morning......

CLOTHES RACK1


But not 8 o'clock precise! 


As I sit here in my Craft Room, with a lovely cup of tea listening to the birds chirping away and looking at some of wares, at last I've managed to get the right shade of pink for a forthcoming project of mine….


PINK LACE


This set of lace has been a number of shades of pink before I arrived at this pretty variation I can tell you!


First time round, it came out a garish shade of bubblegum, then I stripped it of the colour and took it back to what I thought was a pale shade of pink (yes, I sat on the kitchen floor watching the washing machine go round and round!) but I didn’t realise that the process would remove more of the dye before it was finished, making it the palest shade of pink that frankly, it was more or less white again!


Undeterred (even though the lace was starting to get very ragged at the ends!) I gave it one more go yesterday, and once again, had to stop the process earlier than the packet stated, but I’m very happy to say that I’m pleased with the final shade – just what I anticipated in the first place! Winking smile


LOVELY LACE


And this is the material that I will be using it with – a wonderful shade of taupe broderie anglais – now the ideas are running through my head (and design book!)


PINK LACE DRESS IDEAS


And talking of designs, here’s the skirt on a really pretty long dress which I’ve actually been working on since last July!!


The skirt is completely embellished with beautiful beige lace, but I can’t for the life of me, figure out how I want the top to look – sleeveless or something like my ‘Heidi’ dress perhaps – fingers crossed I come up with an idea soon or else I’ll be wearing it next summer instead! Smile


Wishing you all a beautiful Friday!



Stor klem!


Mxx

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful site with that lace and clothes. I love lace too. But then in knitting.
    Good eevening.
    Mieke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dank u wel Mieke!

    Your lace shawls are very beautiful and you are indeed a very talented knitter!

    Nice to see you here, thanks for dropping by!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete