Tuesday 19 October 2010

OCTOBER, cue for a song...............

"Dawn awaits a sleepless English town of coloured grey

Here I roam the streets without you as summer fades away........"

No not really, just showing off some of the knitwear I've been making for the last few weeks. Thought it was about time I let you see what I look like, as I'm not really the most comfortable person when it comes to having my photo taken, but here goes nothing!



Here I'm wearing my chalk wristwarmers which go really well with my new vintage chalk Odd Molly cardigan - I'm even wearing my Fields of Lace dress, courtesy of lovely Anne who kindly swapped with me, when we both realised we had the wrong size! If it wasn't for blogging it probably wouldn't have happened! Embroidered scarf by Vintage by Fe


Gosh, I really must cut back my geraniums and bring them in for the winter!! LOL




This big shawl/scarf is one of my favourite recent purchases, as I bought it in a sale and wore it with my Berry Dress to the RAH - having said that, I was somewhat 'distracted' at the end of the concert and walked out without it - had to go back and retrieve it - phew, thank heavens for that!

Hmmn, wonder who distracted me then?......

I love the willow branches I have in a big pot behind me in this photo, as I saw some a few years back in a beautiful florists shop in Oslo and went in to buy some (didn't figure how I was going to get them back on the plane did I?) so it was just as well that they cost a small fortune then!

Having said that, my gardener managed to obtain some from cuttings from another garden that cost me nothing and so I've adorned them with little flowers and white hearts and letters - the only thing is that I have to move them in order to get one of my Christmas trees in there, so let's just say that it's not something I'm looking forward to again - especially as I'll be moving them early this year!




Beautiful Malena was recently seen on her blog wearing a pretty little shrug from Rabens Saloner, which I think she bought a while back and I just fell in love with it. I tried to source one, but with no luck, then realised it would be easy to recreate, so here's my version. It's basically just a wide scarf which is knitted in whatever pattern you like, but it should be something which, when joined up, runs the same way, so in this case, the Moss Stitch works really well. Then you just seam it up and off you go!


This colour is like a dark powder shade and works well with the usual paler powder clothing from Odd Molly. I'm wearing the other pair of wristwarmers in this photo which are like the pale Odd Molly shade - these are my favies!


Think all the colours worked well together on this particular outfit!

And with that, I must get back to finishing off the next batch of wristwarmers, wishing you all a lovely day, wherever you may be!


Klem!


Mxx

4 comments:

  1. You look lovely in your knitted things! You are so talented!

    Hugs
    Adela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you dearheart, that's very kind of you to say!

    Stor Kram!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. how so cute are you!!!???
    i love the new wristwarmer colors
    gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah thank you my dear!

    The new colours are muted and pretty, just the way I like them!

    Hope the pair I made you are keeping your lovely talented hands nice and warm!

    Long time no speak - when are you touring hon?

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete