Tuesday 4 May 2010

Pen Ting (Pretty Things!)




Good Morning everyone! Hope you all had a lovely May Day celebration wherever you were!

As for me, well I spent mine in Oslo - but wished I'd known prior to booking my trip, that all the shops would be closed on that day, as I'd clear forgotten about this -doh! ;-) So with that, on arriving on Friday afternoon, I had to hotfoot it from my hotel down Karl Johans Gate in order to pick up some important supplies and have a quick look in Eger and Kiman. I did manage to pick up a pretty pale powder Remix blouse, but everything else I coveted was not in my size - and then obviously, didn't have the luxury of time to go shopping on Saturday, as I was back home on Sunday - major bummer I know! To cap it all, I ended up with food poisoning on Saturday and so didn't get out of bed till around 5pm - but I was absolutely determined that regardless, I was going to have dinner in Lofoten Restaurant - and it was well worth dragging myself there - even if I was a little out of it, as the food was divine!
One of these days I will manage to fit an island trip in on my travels to Oslo, and with the shops being closed, this was my ideal time, but sadly not this jaunt!

I did manage to find some lovely lace in Panduro, but I just couldn't spend as much time in there as I would have liked, as I could have purchased a lot more trust me!

Anyhow, before I headed off there, I recently finished a boudoir ensemble that I'd started last year for myself (the babydoll) which never got finished till recently, when I managed to purchase the appropriate coloured lace to finish the wrap. That's a problem for me, in that not being a mass producer of garments, I can't negotiate good prices or have available to me, some of the wonderful pieces of lace and embroidered cotton material that the likes of Odd Molly and Andersen and Lauth use in their beautiful clothes. If you've never heard of the Icelandic designers, I hotly recommend you check out their blog http://andersenlauthdesignstudio.blogspot.com/ as it's an interesting insight to their work and how they produce a collection - I loved reading it yesterday!


And here's the pretty little babydoll dress I started last year. The pale turquoise and baby pink colours work so well together! I decided to panel the bottom of the dress, so that I could add some lace in there, then finish it off with pink embroidered trim, which was difficult to come by.


The top of the dress is elasticated and stretches to fit. I added the pink satin ribbon over the elasticated panelling, to make the ribbon look prettier!


The back of the dress has lingerie style straps so they are also adjustable and fit in with the style of the dress.


And here's the wrapover. I decided to keep the sleeves a little shorter than I usually do, and I think it worked out nicely on this one!



The dress is a little longer than the wrap, which shows off the edging making them work well together. They look great together over a pair of white jeans or on their own around the pool or at the beach when you want a pretty cover up!


Looking forward to some warm weather so that I can wear this pretty little lot - I love the detailing and can't stop looking at them as I pass by........



Ha en god dag alle!



Klem



Mxx


















No comments:

Post a Comment