Monday 19 April 2010

Something similar perhaps?.......

Well I've had a funny start to the week!


Had numerous phone calls and emails to follow up, then I decided to start on my tri-monthly clean up - for anyone living in a 'white house' you'll know how important this is! That's not to say that I don't regularly clean my house, of course I do, but when you live in one with paler colours, you just need to keep on top of things, plus, as I'm a bit of a magpie, I have to be judicious and make sure I re-evalute what gets kept and what goes in the respective recycling bags!

And that's when I found a cute pair of flat sandals that I bought a few years back which were nice, but I lost a stone in one of them, so couldn't really wear them again, but as is usual for me, I kept them just in case I used them somewhere or other. Well today I got my chance, and this is what I came up with - guess some of you have seen something very similar to this bracelet from Odd Molly, yes? I couldn't believe just have similar the stones were, so I salvaged those from the decent sandal and stitched them onto to one of my bracelets and I have to admit that it looks pretty cool!



Wish I'd kept on with the cleaning up, as that's when the madness started!

I ended up attempting to use the overlocking machine that my friend had lent me, as I want to buy one, but wanted to try hers out first - and with that, sat there for almost 3 hours and had obviously worked myself into such a state attempting to sort out the tension on it, that I had a very bad anxiety attack without even realising it! It felt like I'd been hit instantly with a severe bout of indigestion, which I never suffer from, and I just couldn't breathe and I was dizzy and the pain in my upper back was awful, but some deep breathing exercises eventually sorted me out and after about 2 hours, the feeling went away - it felt very scary, that's for sure!

So I've been sitting here for a while now, listening to my favourite singer who always has a calming effect on me, whilst crocheting and finishing off this little bracelet as (thankfully!) I find that to be very theraputic too, so all's good!




Guess I'm just going to 'chill out' for the rest of the day tho!





Klem!



Mxx

4 comments:

  1. The bracelet is indeed gorgeous!
    Did you listen to LFE? That always sorts me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lovely!

    Yes I did actually! Morten's voice on this album always has a calming effect on me - glad to hear it works for you too!

    BTW, will reply to your Ravelry message tomorrow if that's okay my dear!

    Big squishy hugs coming your way!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear;)
    The bracelet is really lovely!

    Hugs
    Adela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you my dear! It's lovely to have feedback on anything I make!

    Sorry for the late reply, but I usually check my blog out via my iPhone, which unfortunately broke yesterday - just as I'm heading off to Oslo tomorrow, so I have to wait until I get home before I can get my hands on my replacement!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Mxx

    ReplyDelete