Tuesday 3 July 2012

Warts and all……..

DIY 2


I hate having my photo taken – it’s as simple as that! In fact, some may say I have body dysmorphia, as I sometimes cannot bear to even look at myself in the mirror. This year I’ve probably deleted nearly every photo taken of me (with the exception of a couple of very ‘special’ ones to me!) but even then, they weren’t good – in my eyes anyway!


So, an amateur photographer friend of mine suggested that seeing as I have a blog, and bloggers often take their own photo’s, that I should attempt to try shooting myself and see how I got on – and so I did, and here’s the evidence….


DIY5


At first, I found it difficult to look in the correct point in the mirror, but I guess it’s all trial and error at the start…….


DIY6


Then I got to grips with it!…….


DIY3


I even tried changing my hairstyle – then I forgot where to look again…….


DIY7


Then I started to relax and have a bit of fun with it…..


DIY10


And not a scrap of make up or touching up, just me….


DIY8


And for the probably the first time in my life, I can honestly say that I don’t mind looking at my photo – probably because I was the photographer and at ease with myself!


Think I should have brushed my hair tho! Winking smile


I can heartily recommend this little exercise to anyone who’s not confident in front of a camera, as I was actually behind it in theory, but you get my point! I’m not saying that I’m cured, but I think it has helped, and it nothing else, it was fun!




Thanks for dropping by, wishing you all a wonderful evening!



Stor klem!


Mxx

No comments:

Post a Comment